Sunday 20 November 2011

Hot Spinach Dip

Got this recipe from a staff member. She made it for us one day for a meeting and it was so good I just had to ask for the recipe. Thanks Cathy for sharing. Its delicious and it came out great.
  • 3 packages of cream cheese (box kind)
  • 1/2 - 3/4 of a jar of alfredo sauce (plain or four cheese kind wok fine) - Classico size
  • 2 packages of frozen chopped spinach - (block size) - defrost, strain, and dry on paper towels or cloth (the more liquid you get out the better)
  • 1 red onion - finely chopped
  • 1 red pepper - finely chopped
  • Cheddar Cheese 1-2 cups ( your choice ... what you feel looks good on top)
  • I usually use at least 6 good shots of each sauce, but it could be up to 10.
  • Sometimes I blend it in, and take a taste of the dip to see if I think I need more.
  • hot sauce
  • worcestershire sauce

  •  Mix the cream cheese and alfredo sauce (I use beaters or K.A mixer)
  •  Add red pepper and onion
  •  Add hot sauce and worceshire sauce
  •  Add spinach, mix well (spinach will bunch, make sure to stir well)
  • Mix it all together
  • Place in baking pan
  • Put cheese on top
  • Sometimes I split it up into a few smaller dishes ... for easier distribution
  • Place in oven at 375 - 425 ... for about 30-45 min.
  • You can speed up the process if you want... just be careful if you raise the temp.
I split the recipe into two 8 inch cake pans. I baked it at 375F for 35 minutes and it came out perfectly.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment