Monday 15 August 2011

Chili

1 pound extra lean ground beef
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1 garlic clove minced
1 1/3 cup chopped green pepper

1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can of pork and beans in tomato sauce
1 can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can condensed tomato soup
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin

Scramble fry ground beef, onion, celery, garlic and green pepper in large pot or Dutch oven until beef is no longer pink. Drain.

Add remaining ingredients. Stir well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top and enjoy.



Side Note: Recently I have changed my recipe a bit and I now add in 1 can of corn. 

I also like to make chili cheese nachos with the leftover chili. I heat the chili first in the microwave. Then I put the chili over the nacho chips, sprinkle a good amount of cheese over top and then put it back in the microwave to melt the cheese. So good.


No comments:

Post a Comment